The Second Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit
Mobilizing for International Action
June 1 - June 2, 2011
Queen Elizabeth II Conference Center
EWI’s second Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit continues the work of the first summit in Dallas, bringing together leaders of governments, businesses and civil society from around the world to determine new measures to ensure the security of the world’s digital infrastructure.
The goals of the second summit:
- To take three of the most pressing issues in global management of cybersecurity and showcase them, alongside proposed solutions:
- a harmonized global framework for cyber crime, with case studies from the financial services sector;
- a 24/7 point of contact network for all 233 countries & territories connected to the Internet, focusing on examples from the financial services sector;
- multilateral agreement(s) on cyber warfare.
- To test multilateral crisis-response mechanisms through a scenario exercise.
- To identify new areas where there is a need and opportunity for international policy innovation and create breakthrough groups to address them.
- To advance work on the top five breakthrough groups formed at the first Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit in Dallas.
- To showcase best-in-class research and analysis on building trust and other political aspects of cybersecurity policy from China and Russia.
- To provide a platform for non-Western cybersecurity leaders.
- To showcase new examples of cross-border youth engagement in personal protection and privacy issues.
To learn more about the Second Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit, please visit the summit website.
Click here for the highlights of summit's media coverage.
Click here to see summit videos.
Click here to see the summit in pictures.
Click here to recap summit's social media coverage.
Click here to read summit presentations and transcripts.